Re: [OM] Re: Cautionary Tale or I'M AN IDIOT!!!

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Cautionary Tale or I'M AN IDIOT!!!
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 11:49:08 +0100
> I returned home and rewound the film and removed the cassette from the OM-4t.
>  I decided to load some 400 asa film and did so.  I looked at the film speed
> setting and ARRGH! it was already on 400.   When did that get changed?  How
> many of the architectural shots did I take with the wrong film speed?  Who
> knows?!!!!

I'm enjoying this and all the other idiot tales - most encouraging to
realise that everyone does this kind of thing occasionally!  My best
idiot moment with film speed caused great panic and consternation but
fortunately my pictures didn't suffer.  It was in Australia, after a
once-in-a-lifetime never-to-be-repeated helicopter flight over Uluru,
when I was grinning so much my face was aching, the mood was shattered
when I noticed I'd neglected to turn the meter from 1600 to 400 when I
loaded up the new roll.  Blissful happiness cruelly shattered, but
thankfully my photos came out fine, saved by the marvellous latitude of
print film.

Another thing I have done more times than I should have is open the back
having forgotten to rewind the film.  And just occasionally I've
forgotten to actually turn the camera on.  Most idiotic thing I've ever
done though probably has to be a beautiful shot I got of the
International Space Station sailing over a telescope dome, with Orion in
the background...I really wish I'd actually focussed on infinity for
that one...

Roger