Re: [OM] 300mm Zuiko 4.5 Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] 300mm Zuiko 4.5 Lens
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 09:23:40 EDT
It is a great lens and if I were on a budget, I would spend my money
elsewhere.  Were I you, I would try to find me a 24 mm f 2.8 Zuiko and a
Vivitar 2X macro focusing teleconverter (be sure it is the 7 element macro
focusing unit).  This set up would add 24 mm, 100 mm & 270 mm focal lengths
plus the macro focusing ability.  You would also have a bunch of money left
over for film.  If on the other hand money is not really the question and you
fully embrace the credo of this list . . . Zuikoholism is great . . . then go
for the 300 mm and any others you can afford.  That is what many here have
done, myself included. Bill Barber