Re: [OM] 300mm Zuiko 4.5 Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] 300mm Zuiko 4.5 Lens
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 10:24:37 +0000
It is an excellent long lens, reasonably fast, and small for its length and speed, both the SC and MC versions. I have the SC F.Zuiko and would not trade or sell it.

Do I use it that much? No. I use the short lenses more, even the 18mm super-wide, but that is based on what I shoot and how I shoot it. When I want a long one, this is it. Even though it's relatively small and light for its class, it still requires a *good* tripod or monopod and head that can carry the weight for extracting its full potential. I have also used it with 2X-A and gotten decent results even though the pair are not designed for each other (600mm requires great care in setup with tripod mounting, and in releasing the shutter). It is one of the lenses the 1.4X-A was designed for.

-- John