Re: [OM] 300mm Zuiko 4.5 Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] 300mm Zuiko 4.5 Lens
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 13:25:07 EDT
deewhy_au@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of this lens.

Damon, I don't have much experience with mine yet, and thought when I first
got it that it would be a tripod-only lens, but after reading that it could
be handheld, I just tried that last week on some whitetail deer (no time to
set up tripod).  It's small & light enough to hand hold with little effort.
I'll pick up the pics tomorrow and see how good I was with it.

200/4 is a good deal smaller, lighter, a little faster, and about half or
less the cost of the 300.  But if you've come across a good deal on a 300,
grab it!

Rich