[OM] [OT] B&W inks Was: Cautionary Tale or I'M AN IDIOT!!!

Subject: [OM] [OT] B&W inks Was: Cautionary Tale or I'M AN IDIOT!!!
From: Jez.Cunningham@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 09:55:05 +0200

Paul,
I use an Epson 870 and the printer driver allows you to specify 'use Black ink'
only.  It does a pretty good job - but I assume if you had a range of grey inks
you could do better in the highlight areas...  Interested to hear your results
Jez

Slightly OT, but I am wondering if anyone on the list has used Lyson or
similar Quad black inks for B&W printing, as I am thinking of taking the
plunge by buying the Epson 1160.

Paul Reynolds