[OM] Idiots and some T32 questions

Subject: [OM] Idiots and some T32 questions
From: Sam Shiell <sam.shiell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 10:11:01 +0100
Hi,

I've just seen the end of the thread about idiot things people do. Glad I'm
not alone here. My current favourite is to forget to switch my 2n on (did it
about 5 times on holiday, for the once-in-a-lifetime type shots)

OK I have a couple of questions about using my T32 that I'd appreciate some
pointers with.

Firstly, I was taking a picture of someone in front of a window and my OM2n
decided in it's wisdom that I didn't need the flash, so the subject is
seriously underexposed. Is there any way around this other than set the
flash and camera to Manual?

Also I was taking some pics at a wedding using the T32 and my bounce grip.
After some time the "ready" light on the flash came on as usual but the red
light in the viewfinder didn't. Finally the flash just didn't fire. In
desperation I took the batteries out of the flash unit (so it was running on
only the BG batteries) and from then on it worked perfectly. What was going
on here?

Am I correct that whatever setting the camera is in, when you have a T32
attached the shutter speed will always be 60th?. Is there any way around
this (if I want a really long exposure but a quick flash to freeze the
subject)

And the last one is:- I've read loads of tips/hints etc but still can't get
my poor little brain around it.  Fill-in flash with a T32. Let's give an
example. Say my meter reading is f8 at 60th and I'm using ASA 100 film.
Presumably I'd set the T32 to manual but what would I set it to for a
fill-in. I know this has been asked before but I really am totally at a
loss.

Thanks in advance

(P.S. the OM5 LE? I read about that - it's rubbish. Glad there are none
left. I'll just wait for my pre-ordered OM6 Special Edition to arrive in
time for Christmas)

Sam
This e-mail and any attached files are intended solely for the named
addressee only. It may contain information that is confidential, legally
privileged and protected by copyright. Unless you are the named addressee
(or authorised to receive on behalf of the addressee) you may not copy, use
or disclose its contents to anyone else. If you received this e-mail in
error please notify the sender immediately and then delete it from your
system. We make every effort to keep our network free from viruses although
we can take no responsibility for any computer virus which may be
transferred by way of this e-mail.