Re: [OM] Re: Digital Musings

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Digital Musings
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 11:53:55 +0000
It is not difficult to obtain the equipment and expertise to process
your own color negatives. A Jobo processor and a film scanner would be a
great investment.

I have seriously considered getting a tank and assorted chemicals for
B+W film, since it is trivial to process B+W film. Color is a little
harder and I think best results are obtained with a machine like a Jobo
(assuming the macines are still being produced that is).

I don't have a film scanner yet though, and I don't know if and/or when
I'll get one. I have not had bad luck with Kodak processing, though I
have never ordered enlargements. I was disappointed when I was told that
slide processing was "special" by they local grocery store.

I hope this digital imaging fad is just that.

--
"I have a dragon and I'm not afraid to use it!"

Dirk Wright