Re: [OM] Re: Digital Musings

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Digital Musings
From: "Christopher L. Tabby" <tabbycl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 14:00:35 -0400
Folks,

I fully agree with Jim's advice to shoot slides and scan them. I do want to comment on memory cards. After carrying two weeks worth of 35 mm film to through and home from southern Sweden, I would be filling to pay for a "fat" memory card or two. On the other hand, my OM-4T and my wife's OM-1N did not use even part of their 357 batteries. I guess its either film or batteries.

Chris T.

4.    Memory, again if you are going to shoot for a week or two you need
a bunch of media cards, and big ones at that, which ain't cheap.

5.    Weight - camera, battereis, and for a long trip a laptop to
download, it adds up fast in both weight and bulk.

6.    Lenses - opr lack thereof. Most digitals do not have
interchangeable lenses, and those that do are FRIGHTFULLY expensive.
also because of the way the CCD is, you can't have super wide angle
lenses, which may or may not be a problem for you.

Jim Couch