Re: [OM] Re: Digital Musings (long)

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Digital Musings (long)
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 22:02:09 -0400
Since I've been using the scanner, just a few weeks really, I've noticed
with alarm all the micro scratches on the negs from Sam's Club 1 hour.
Occasionally they aren't all that micro... I was quite unhappy to find 2
strips of negs from a roll that had dried liquid markings. Now a white
powder, I hope I can get the negs clean for a good printing. The manager
told me that it was a roller that wasn't cleaned. Doesn't matter. Seems they
always hit the one I love. He suggested running filtered water over them and
using compressed air to blow it off and let them dry. Anyone had experience
with this?
--Mickey