[OM] exposure

Subject: [OM] exposure
From: Don <dong357@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 21:52:40 -0500
I have been following the thread on exposure for skin tones very carefully, and have gotten several tips and tricks to try.

I would still like to know just what exposure compensation is and how it works. What exactly happens when you turn that knob on the top of the camera? Does it just effect the background, or does it change the aperture?

Another really interesting subject that was brought out was correct exposure for dark skin people. What do you do if you have a fair skin Caucasians standing next to a dark skin African American? From the suggestions in thread of shooting +2 stops, the fair skinned person would be quite over exposed. If you set the exposure for the fair skinned person, the dark person will be under exposed.

I have had that problem also. My family has both very fair skinned and very dark skinned people. When I try and get every one in a single picture it is a challenge!

Any other ideas?

Thanks
Don Gaikins