Re: [OM] [OT] Initial thoughts on the Nikon 4000 and related topics -

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Initial thoughts on the Nikon 4000 and related topics - LONG
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 05:47:39 -0500
I think you're right about the umbrellas.  That should be my next purchase.
I was surprised at the shadows though. The flash units are at 45 degree
angles from the kids and aimed about 60 degrees in the air, meaning mostly
at the ceiling.  Small room, white walls, more effiecient reflectors than
expected.  I shot most of them at f/4 with the 85/2 and 50/1.4.  No room for
the 100.  I was a little surprised at the depth of field myself.  My other
purchase needs to be proper background material.  Oh, and a house with a
longer room, but that one will wait <g>.

I'm trying to figure out which room I can permanently mount backdrops that
roll down.  Haven't quite figured that out either.

Loved your dog shots, particularly the one with the bone on the black cloth.
Really jumps out at you.  My other 'next step' is more posed shots with
props -- a little more natural looking.

Always new things to do!

Tom

From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>