Re: [OM] off OM topic: opinions on medium format 6x6 camera systems

Subject: Re: [OM] off OM topic: opinions on medium format 6x6 camera systems
From: "Bob Whitmire" <rlw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 14:27:16 -0400
>> What I would like, would be a light, 6x6 body, 50mm, 80mm and
>>  150mm or so..... At a somewhat affordable price...

Well, they ain't light, but the Mamiya 330 or 220 series otherwise fits the
bill. I have a C-330, a 180, 135, 80 & 65, along with assorted finders,
parallax compensators, masks, cases, etc., all for about a grand. which will
barely get you in the door of a Hassy shop. <g>  The lenses aren't
multicoated, so I'm careful about flare and such, but the chromes are nice.
Shooting vintage manual TLR requires a whole 'nother kind of thinking from
35mm, but if you've been shooting with a Rollei, you already know that.

Good luck!

--Bob Whitmire