Re: [OM] OM mount IS body

Subject: Re: [OM] OM mount IS body
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 01:21:22 +0200
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ken N" <image66@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 3:59 PM

> I REALLY like my IS-3.  I had an IS-1 previously (stolen).  The
> gripes I have with the IS-3 are the lack of interchangable
> lenses, wonky manual focusing and no OTF metering.  I would love
> to mount a real macro lens on this camera or a slightly brighter
> lens (2.8) to get nicer bokeh.  Otherwise, this camera rocks.

Yes, it certainly does Ken. But sooner or later the day will come when
developments in the
digital world will force us to get rid of our beloved old masterpieces. For the
moment
though I cannot even imagine a life w/o my OM-2SP and my iS-3000. But then why
do you want
a simpler iS-20 or iS-30 as well? They're not small enough to be used as pocket
cameras,
and they lack the versatility and range of the larger iS models. Yes, it's true
I would
very much want one as well (especially the iS-30), but I have a hard time
convincing
myself why...

Regards,

Per Nordenberg