[OM] Digital Musings: the OM1n

Subject: [OM] Digital Musings: the OM1n
From: "Donald MacDonald" <Donald.MacDonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 21:03:20 +0100
I have to agree with Jim Couch here, certainly about image making in the
back country.

I've had my OM2n for a fair while now, but I wouldn't use it for long trips
away from civilisation,
or in the winter. Battery dependance.That's why I always take the OM1n, on
its own or as a backup.

It may be the case that within my active life, film vanishes and digital is
the only choice. I hope not.

Quality will improve and become indistinguishable from film. Storage will
improve in size, weight
and capacity. Battery dependence will, I think, always be an issue for
wilderness backpackers and
people who like to be out in foul weather.

Eventually, unless by then I am moribund, camera food may become
unavailable. As my interest is
in recording my experiences, not necessarily in 'image making' per se, I may
just stop recording.

Like I say, I hope I'm moribund by then...

Donald.

Donald Neil MacDonald BA DipLIS
www.bigmac1st.freeserve.co.uk