Re: [OM] Cleaning Zuiko Auto-S 50mm 1:1.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Cleaning Zuiko Auto-S 50mm 1:1.8
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 18:31:17 -0700
Try to get your shipping and cost of the lens back. Otherwise buy another one as they're dirt cheap. Better still, buy an f1.4 with the highest serial number you can find, preferably above 1.1 million.

Tris

Advice please.
I bought a Zuiko Auto-S 50mm 1:1.8 on eBay recently. Described as 'mint'.
Mechanically it's fine, but optically it's dirty and has a fungal forest
ecosystem inside.  Although the seller has offered to repay me, the cost of
shipping (down to me) makes this unwise. So.....

How do I go about cleaning a Zuiko Auto-S 50mm 1:1.8?
Help!!

Neal
system administrator at:
CAEREINION HIGH SCHOOL