Re: [OM] Digital Musings: the OM1n

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Musings: the OM1n
From: "Tom A. Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 09:24:26 -0400
On Friday, September 07, 2001 at 14:56, rdk@xxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote on "Re: [OM] Digital Musings: the OM1n," saying..

> It is interesting to remember what happened to super8 film relative to
> video. Super8 gave much better quality pictures than video, but
> video's convenience won out in just a couple of years (os so it
> seemed).

Also,
        - immediate feedback, no processing
        - longer shots (Super 8 was 3 min/roll)
        - much cheaper shooting
        - can reuse video tape
        - in-camera titles
as well as easier "projection"

Editing was harder with video, but few edited.

Digital cameras have the same advantages, plus manipulations are much
easier.

I agree, it's a question of time before digital takes over not only
the amateur market, but the professional too. 5 years? 10 years?

Tom
-------- Questions answered, answers questioned. No spam, please
Tom A. Trottier <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> ICQ:57647974 +1 613 291-1168
fax:594-5412   415-400 Slater St. Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7S7
*After 2001 Oct 20:758 Albert St, Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8*