[OM] Oh no, will the Zuikoholic defect?

Subject: [OM] Oh no, will the Zuikoholic defect?
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 16:37:41 -0500
Oh, what a dilemma.  Today was the first soccer game of the season.  Two
games back-to-back (different daughters).  I went a little crazy, shooting
five 24 exposure rolls.  Guess I wanted to try out the scanner <g>.

The difference this year is that I took an OM-4T, Winder 2, 50-250/5 combo
and the IS-3.  Hmm. Autofocus.  Pretty darn slick.

I actually let the girls each shoot a roll and a half of their sister, using
the IS-3 which they loved.  I did too.

So, my dilemma.  Do I keep a nice OM setup for macro photography and general
photography, but sell enough to finance a decent autofocus system for
sports?  I'd need a decent zoom for outdoor sports and a fast mid-length
telephoto for indoor sports.  An 85/2 and a 50/1.2 for example.

So, if I commit this blashpemous act, what should I consider.  With the
right sales, I could finance a 35mm body and Digital body and lenses.  Do I
go Canon D30 and ???? or do I go Nikon D1/Fuji S1 and ????.

Or do I stay with what I have?

If I did do this, what bodies do I want?  What lenses.  I only know OM.

OK, Flame away.

Tom