Re: [OM] Oh no, will the Zuikoholic defect?

Subject: Re: [OM] Oh no, will the Zuikoholic defect?
From: Marcin Kost <kosta@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2001 16:09:02 +0200
Hi!
    Beside OM I have a Pentax AF camera MZ3 (not sold in USA it is a little bit
better than ZX5n). Here are some pro and cons for Pentax AF system
PRO
-AF is good in good an average light situation
-Light meter matrix is working very good, You have a really spot meter, by
Canon it is not a spot it is a partial metering (9.50f field)
-Classical design (ZX5n) you have a aperture ring on lens, and time and
exposure compensation ring on the body, it is easy to use.
-It is very small and light like OMs
-It is working fine with all Pentax manual lenses (K and KA mount and with
adapter with M42 mount)
CONS
-plastic everywhere, beside the mount
-lack of advanced flash TTL system (this is working like this in OM)
-lack of HSS flash.
    If you MUST buy a AF system I recommend Pentax
The lenses I recommend
SMC FA 50/1.7 it is sharper and cheaper than 1.4
SMC FA* 85/1.4 very good and expensive instead of this you can buy SMC FA
85/2.8 it is also very good but it is soft focus (portrait lens)
For telephoto zoom I can not recommend any ( I have not tested any)
Regards
Marcin