Re: [OM] Oh no, will the Zuikoholic defect?

Subject: Re: [OM] Oh no, will the Zuikoholic defect?
From: Ken N <image66@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 12:53:51 -0700 (PDT)
Tom?

Changing your domain name should be deterent enough, don't you
think?

Seriously, I have to suggest that with the 300mm teleconverter
for the IS-3 you actually have a very good AF camera.  I love
the IS-3 for the snappy autofocus, ergonomics and size/weight.
I spent a lot of time/effort researching AF cameras as a
migration away from the OMs.  I looked at both the Canons and
the Nikons and came away with the conclusion that the F5/F100
are about the finest choices one could make in 35mm cameras.
Granted, they are a bit pudgy, but the ergonomics seem a bit
better for me--along with the viewfinders.

I'd start heavily using the IS-3 and ignore the other brands for
a while yet.  It really does have about the fastest AF out
there.  Also, stick a G40 on the camera and load some Fuji
Professional 800 and you've got flash exposure covered for these
soccer matches too.

Shoot the season with the IS-3 and learn more about what it is
that you really want in a new AF camera.  Chances are, that
there isn't anything that Canon or Nikon can do for you that the
IS-3 can't.  The IS-3 truely is a wonder of a wonderbrick.  The
lens is also VERY good.

Personally?  I love the F5/F100 and would go Nikon in a
heartbeat, but with digital looming over our shoulders, I'm
leaning towards an autofocus medium format system like the
Mamiya or Contax.

Your scanner DOES do medium format, doesn't it???????

Oh, rats, there goes another $6000.

KN