Re: [OM] Oh no, will the Zuikoholic defect?

Subject: Re: [OM] Oh no, will the Zuikoholic defect?
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 11:42:12 +0200
: BTW, no, my scanner does not do MF.  I have no intention of going that
: route.  Can't do it. Can't see it. Can't try it.

The confusion probably came because Tom mentioned the optional roll film
adapter, which allows you to scan an uncut roll of 35mm film in one batch
(without it, you are limited to strips of 6 exposures).

The Nikon scanner that does MF, among others (it even does 16mm film and
microscopic slides), is the LS-8000
http://www.nikon-image.com/eng/news_release/2001/ls-8000.html

Just look at the image size it creates for MF: 127 ~ 400 Mb (uncompressed)
per image, depending on the format... The real problem is, that with its
price of $3500 there isn't any money left to buy film ;)

hnz