Re: [OM] Oh no, will the Zuikoholic defect?

Subject: Re: [OM] Oh no, will the Zuikoholic defect?
From: Ken N <image66@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 07:06:21 -0700 (PDT)
Tom (Texas Sized OM kit) Scales wrote regarding medium format:
>No. Never. Won't. Can't.
>I don't even want to try it.  I might get hooked and I don't
>want to be. 35mm makes me happy.

Tom, oh, Tom.  Are you taking the Amish attitude on us here?
(Don't miss what you never had)

You would just LOVE medium format.  Imagine, you can shoot ISO
3200 and still get NO visible grain.  And the color saturations,
the gradients, the exceptional sharpness...

You could sell just a small fraction of your kit and still
afford a decent NEW Mamiya 645-AF outfit.  Lens selection?
Takes all of the older manual focus 645 lenses along with the
new AF ones. (including the silver-nosed varieties!)

Motor drive, auto-loading, big viewfinder (much better than 35mm
for eyeglass clad users), data imprinting on film (exposure
data, time/date, index #, lens data), interchangable film backs
(including a digital back)...

Oh, and those BIG negatives and trannies!

Think IS-3 on steroids.

Even the Autofocus is decent.  Not lightening fast, but quick
enough to be taken seriously.

Ok, and the real nice part of it all--about the same
size/weight/price as a Nikon or Canon WonderBrick!  Very good
ergonomics and exceptional manual overrides.  This (and the
Contax) are cameras designed to seamlessly go from program mode
to manual override and back with little to no effort. (kinda
like the OM-2S in ease of mode switching).

Once you experience a modern 645, 35mm will never do again.

Except for an OM with a silvernosed 100/2.8.

Oh, and I did mention the digital film back, didn't I?  And the
what about that digital film back?  Did you know that you can
get a DIGITAL FILM BACK for the Mamiya?  Ahem, HEY TOM, LISTEN
UP!  YOU CAN GET A STINKIN DIGITAL FILM BACK FOR THE MAMIYA!

...and killer ISO 3200 negatives too...

AG-Schnozz