RE: [OM] off OM topic: opinions on medium format 6x6 camera syst ems

Subject: RE: [OM] off OM topic: opinions on medium format 6x6 camera syst ems
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 13:56:15 -0700
 > >Is there something else that's improved?
 A longer tonal scale in B&W, for one.

 Is this just because the film's better, or is it something else about the
camera? Is there medium format film that has a different sort of
emulsion/whatever that you can't find in a 35mm equivalent?

 (presumably darkroom work also changes if the negatives are bigger; easier
because there's more image to see, harder because they're larger so more
unweildy, I would guess -- but again that doesn't really affect me
personally).

 -- dan

I bought a used Leica lens back in "those" days from a guy who was the industrial photographer for a large aircraft manufacturer. The company was buying him a complete professional C*n*n system to complement the Hasselblad system he had already been provided. He let me look through about a 2 inch stack of black and white prints from his his most recent work with both the L**ca and the H'blad. They were mostly 8x10 and 11x14. Both sizes were printed from both negative sizes. I could not tell which camera took which picture until he told me.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California