RE: [OM] Fort Davis pictures

Subject: RE: [OM] Fort Davis pictures
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 09:51:52 +0200
Hi,

> The magazine reviews and my previous experience said yes.

I have heard the same. Also, on a very interesting related note: I have a
Fuji brochure which is dedicated to Provia 100F and Provia 400F and it shows
the results of pushing both films respectively to 200-400 ASA and
800-1600-3200 ASA, hardly any loss in contrast/colour balance/grain is
noticeable! I think these two films are very interesting for using at their
dedicated speed (especially 100F), as well as pushed (100F/400F), indeed,
the results of pushing 100F have been reported to be better than the results
of 400F at 400 ASA, but the big advantage of 400F would be that if so
desired it can be pushed safely a full 3 (!!!) stops to 3200 ASA!

Now, pricewise, 100F is quite a bit friendlier on the purse too, 400F is
substantially more expensive over here (about 1.5 times the price of 100F).

Cheers!
Olafo