[OM] [OT] Monopod +++ Was: Best piece of non-photographic equipment for

Subject: [OM] [OT] Monopod +++ Was: Best piece of non-photographic equipment for photography
From: Jez.Cunningham@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 12:32:42 +0200

Hi all,
I'm looking for a monopod that I can carry discreetly - this doesn't mean small
or light, but rather without attracting attention or looking too geekish.  I've
seen them doubling as walking sticks / trekking poles but, as connaisseurs of
climate will know,
Belgium is rather famous for its need for an umbrella.  Has anyone ever seen a
golfing-size umbrella with telescopic handle and a 1/4 screw on the end of the
hand grip?  A white or silver lining would make it even more useful...
Thanks
jez