Re: [OM] Best piece of non-photographic equipment for photography

Subject: Re: [OM] Best piece of non-photographic equipment for photography
From: "Bruce Hamm" <bhamm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 08:23:13 -0400
I always carry a roll of painter's masking tape. I use it to attach the
square grad nd filters to the ends of my lenses. By skippimg the cokin style
holders, and using the tape, I can angle the grad off the horizon if need
be. Also, for when conditions aren't great, I carry the largest size of the
ziplock freezer bags. Cut a hole the same diametre as the filter threads of
a lens in one side of the bag, slip your camera inside the bag and affix the
lens by "sandwiching" the plastic between the lens and a skylight or
polarizer, and you've got yourself a cheap weather-sand proof housing.

Bruce Hamm
Ottawa, Canada
bhamm@xxxxxxxx