[OM] Today's Events

Subject: [OM] Today's Events
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 15:38:55 EDT
Let's be careful what we say here, fellas.  Today is a sad day for all free
nations.  This was not an attack on just the U.S., but on all of us in the
free world.

I have strong opinions about who did it, and why, but I'm going to trust U.S.
intelligence, in concert with the intelligence of our allies, to find the
perps and deal with them.

There is much anger as well as sadness.  I love NYC.  People think New
Yorkers are tough, uncaring jerks.  Not true.  There is heroism and tears in
NYC today.  I went up in the north tower of the WTC when I went to search &
rescue school on Governor's Island.  I cried when I saw it collapse this
morning.  Thousands died instantly.

Now is no time to discuss politics.  Today we are one people, united in our
grief, and in our resolve to bring those who did this to justice.
Personally, I'm with those who want to take it right to somebody's doorstep.
The American people will demand our leaders follow through this time.  No
100-hour limited action.

This is indeed our generation's Pearl Harbor.  We owe it to our children, our
grandchildren, and the rest of the free world to get this right.  And WE
WILL.  We may kill a few incidental terrorists in the process.  That's the
price they will pay for being in the terrorist business.

I may have to take a different route to work tonite, as I usually drive under
the runways, and Sea-Tac is closed, as is every other major airport in the
nation.

Going to be very hard to make airplane parts tonite.  I cuss Boeing more than
anybody.  But tonite I back that company and the nation they do business in
like never before.  Tonite I would work for free.

Now I know how my parents' generation felt when Pearl Harbor was attacked.

Those of you in the U.S.: Call your Red Cross, and go make a blood donation.

Rich