Re: [OM] Today's Events

Subject: Re: [OM] Today's Events
From: Paul Wallich <pw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 17:27:25 -0400
At 4:07 PM -0400 9/11/01, DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 9/11/01 12:40:29 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Doggre@xxxxxxx
writes:

We owe it to our children, our
grandchildren, and the rest of the free world to get this right

I was sitting at my computer working with the photo that is linked below.  I
turned on the TV adjacent to get the morning news at 6 am in San Diego.  To
my horror I watched with you all what was unfolding.

Regular members will understand that I am deeply affected by what has
happened and by the contrast of the photo I was editing and what was on my
TV.  We all have loved ones.  My particular sadness is the sure knowledge
that the innocence and joy portrayed in the photo of my grand daughter will
someday be sullied.  I feel real bad.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1032782&a=13592851&p=54050878

A fine picture, and something of a comfort. Right now I am facing the
notion (amid all the other shock and horror) that the pictures I took
out my back window (until last november I lived six blocks north of WTC)
can now be classed among all the other pictures that show New York
the way it used to be.

paul

--
Paul Wallich                                            pw@xxxxxxxxx