Re: [OM] Re: [OT] Attacks on the U.S.

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: [OT] Attacks on the U.S.
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 05:07:19 EDT
In a message dated 9/11/01 11:40:40 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> We withdrew Afghan, Palestinian and American students from class today for
>  a kind of group counselling - some of the visibly Muslim students were
>  already subject to taunts - ironically in one case from a group of Serbs.

As I drove up my street leaving for work, I saw the 6 or so Islamic African
neighbor kids coming home from school.  Beautiful kids.  I almost pulled over
and told them it might be best to go home and stay inside.  They were ALL
looking at me, which they don't usually do, especially the girls.  I feared
they may have been taunted already at school or on the way home.  Apparently,
Osama Bin Laden has a training center in the Sudan?

I saw only one aircraft in the air: an O.D. Bell Jet Ranger, flying up over
I-5 towards Seattle.  At first I thought Army because it was O.D., but it was
more likely FBI, or CIA, or NSA or ATF or FEMA?  Who knows?

I was able to take my normal route to work, which takes me under the runways
at the S. end of SeaTac.  133 commercial airliners and commuter planes, all
parked.  All fuel and service trucks parked.  No sign of activity of any
kind.  It was eerie, as if the movie "The Day the Earth Stood Still" (nuclear
war) had become reality.  Some flights will resume this morning around 9 a.m.
according to the news.

There was an Olympus skylight 1A filter in my mailbox when I left for work.
From.... New York.  It's beautiful, but...what a rollercoaster ride of
emotions yesterday.  And still.  My heart is in NYC.

Rich