Re: [OM] Re: [OT] Attacks on the U.S.

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: [OT] Attacks on the U.S.
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 09:06:24 -0700
My point is, one does not go out and punish the thieves wife, brother, and
children who had no choice in the matter. I do not propose leaving the 'door
open.' But killing innocent people will not 'shut the door.'  Make no mistake
Walt, what you are advocating is a TERRORIST act.
Terrorists target innocent civilians. If we do what you propose, we are no
better than those who have done this despicable act.  I have no problem with
punishing those who are responsible for this and those who chose to give them
harbor, but killing more innocent civilians to appease
our anger is not the answer. It will also not prevent terrorist attacks in the
future, it is merely trading one atrocity for another. I, too am very angry and
saddened, but bombing the daylights out of every country we suspect is
harboring terrorists will not solve a thing. You
should not only be sorry, but ashamed.

Jim Couch