Re: [OM] [OT] Terrorism thoughts

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Terrorism thoughts
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 13:05:00 -0400
Jim, I coudn't agree with you more. When our country makes its move, I will
not rant joyously in the streets at the sight of the pain that foriegn
citizens experience. I will take solemn solace in knowing that justice is
being exacted, and that the US is making it clear that the intolerable
actions we have seen will not be accepted without the proper retribution.

The events of the last 24+ hours are becoming ever more clear. The wretched
wrath of a cowardly manipulater could not go unnoticed. They will not go
unanswered. They have leveled a depth of pain on NYC, DC, and our country as
a whole that has been unprecidented. I feel confident that the depth of our
nation's resolve will more than equal that of our pain, and manifest itself
in a solidarity within our country and with our allies. The perpetrators
will find that their deadly success will be their own deadly demise. From
here on, their actions will be of desperation, not command. The sleeping
giant no longer slumbers.
--Mickey

This was a
shameful, ruthless, and cowardly act of terrorist aggression aimed at
innumerable INNOCENT civilians.  If there is 'collateral damage' that
includes civilians in our effort to exact justice, it will be unfortunate.
When I see what may wind up being some of the casualties of that collateral
damage dancing in the streets, singing, waving flags, and exhibiting
outright joy at the events of yesterday, it tempers quite completely my
inhibitions against extracting said justice.

Jim