Re: [OM] From Triumph to Tragedy

Subject: Re: [OM] From Triumph to Tragedy
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 15:31:23 +0000
Ken N wrote:

> Our lives are kinda on hold since ALL of the doctors that my
> wife needs to see are on call to leave today and tomorrow for
> NYC.  I didn't know that Des Moines, Iowa was the primary
> medical support and blood supply for NYC.  One entire medical
> complex here may nearly shutdown as the personnel are relocated
> east or will be jammed as the injured are transported here.

Give blood. I'm not allowed, so I can't.

> Nor the heroism.  The "interview" of the firefighter getting his
> equipment on and entering the building moments before the
> collapse was sobering.  "Somebody's got to be a hero" he said.
> I don't know if he is still alive, but that man IS my hero.

It's estimated that 300 rescue workers have died.

> America has an opportunity to show the world what we are made
> of.  Will we respond to terror with terror?  Or will we respond
> in a manner that the world can look to and respect.

They are probably warming up the B-1 bombers as we speak. I think that
the world expects us to attack them with the full force and support
NATO.

> I AM AN AMERICAN!  I am proud to be an American.  Do I dislike
> other races more now than before?  No.  I'm disappointed and
> disgusted with the actions and choices of certain intollerant
> individuals.  Hatred is wrong--period!  A "Higher Power" will
> revenge the guilty.  We may stike back in the physical, but each
> person will have to answer for his/her actions for eternity.

While I personally choose non-violence whenever possible, I understand
that there are people that hate us and would gladly see us suffer. I
expect a serious military response within the week.

> What was hoped for by the perpetrators was to bring America to
> its knees.  It succeeded.  Not in our giving in, but to prayer.

There is certainly plenty of that going on right now...

--
"I have a dragon and I'm not afraid to use it!"

Dirk Wright