Re: [OM] PEN Half Frame Processing

Subject: Re: [OM] PEN Half Frame Processing
From: Charles Sdunek <autumnw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 20:02:55 -0400
My experience with half frame photos....

First of all, "half frame" is really "Single frame". Our standard 35mm cameras use 2 frames. So, two half frames will fit just fine on a standard 4x6 print.

The trouble I have run into, is that the automatic machines get confused and dont know where to cut the negatives. They start cutting all sorts of weird places. If you have a prominent verticle line in your photo...it might cut on it... I have several times sent film in for processing thinking I would just cut all the photos in half only to find the negatives all hacked up and prints missing right out of the middle of the roll. I have decided to use my half frame for black and white and do my own processing.

Chuck