Re: [OM] [OT] Terrorism thoughts

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Terrorism thoughts
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 17:24:09 -0700
That is irony. Our policies are frequently cited as being short sighted and I agree to that. They make no sense at times, are generally detrimental to our nation's interests far too often. Same same when it comes to domestic policies, as far as that goes. Let's face it, there are few people around willing to talk sense, willing to do what's good just for the reason it's good and proper.

Just for the classic irony, the Taliban took power because the US funded
them and every other muslim extremist group in Afghanistan as "freedom
fighters" to bring down the soviet-backed government there. We trained
them and bought them many of their weapons. And now we're talking about
bombing Afghan civilians to punish a monstrous dictatorship we helped
create.

paul