[OM] Moderately [OT] XA question

Subject: [OM] Moderately [OT] XA question
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 22:09:13 -0400
I have an XA in very nice condition. It fires the flash, properly adjusts
the aperture as selectec, and seems to vary the shutter speed depending on
the light available. However, It seems to display shutter speeds that would
be 2 to 3 stops over. Adjusting the filmspeed does move the sliding aperture
over the meter cell, but I don't know whether it is positioned accurately.
The adjustsment only seems to move the mechanism .25 inch or less. Is this
right? Is there any known problem with this camera regarding the auto
exposure? The shutter speed displayed seems to sound about as displayed.
It's just that with 400 film, I'd expect higher speeds. Much.

-Mickey