Re: [OM] B-17 Photos and other ramblings

Subject: Re: [OM] B-17 Photos and other ramblings
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 20:31:47 -0700
I climbed up into a B-17 some 25 years ago at the FAA fly-in in Oshkosh. You're right, there isn't much space in those things and the men who went up in them must have had big brass ones hanging.

What's this kudzo stuff?

Tris

Last week I had the chance to take a few pictures of a B-17 that flew
into Memphis for a dedication ceremony this weekend. Since I have a paying job this
weekend photographing a wedding, I thought some pics on the ground would
be better than none at all. The first 3 were taken last Tuesday and I
went back this past Monday to finish the roll and as luck would have it,
the plane was open and I got permission to go inside for about 10
minutes. I didn't have a flash and had taken the 21 f2 out of my bag the
day before. Anyway, I thought some of the aviation buffs might be
interested. If you've never been inside a B-17, it is a sobering
experience. It is so cramped inside and I can't imagine flying at 20,000
feet in an open aircraft  The men who manned these aircraft must be some
of the bravest that ever took to the sky. The photo's aren't much
but it was the best I could do with what I had.

http://www.ilikeitout.com/B17/index.htm

In between airplane shots I got a few pictures of another
threat...Kudzu.
It's taking over the South a few feet at a time.

http://www.ilikeitout.com/Kudzu/index.htm

I suggest we take a camera out and forget about the images we've all
seen over and over for the past couple of days. Create some of your own.

later,
mike m.