Re: [OM] From Triumph to Tragedy

Subject: Re: [OM] From Triumph to Tragedy
From: "Bolty" <boldbolty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 22:49:42 +1000
Ken,
I wish that the people that caused thes attrocities had the judgement and
tollerance that you have shown!
As an Australian, I pray for all those that were involved. I only hope that
those responsible do not have anything more sinicter in mind. My hand goes
out to all and my door is open to those in need. I am sure that all
Australians will rally behind America. It may have been an attack on America
and its values but I am sure that all western societies will see this as an
attack on their personal freedom. We do not want to live in fear, we have a
right to live our life as we wish and to have the freedom as we know now.
Alas I can see that this may never be so again! We can never be as
complaciant as we have about these sort of attacks and for that I will never
be able to forgive those that are responsible. Even for those that are not
responsible, I fear that they will be attacked because of their colour or
ethnic origins but then they only have their own to blame.
The one good thing that will come from this is that I beleive the majority
of the world will unite and join as one in never allowing this to happen
again.
I have seen personal terror (not of this magnitude) when I moved to
Queensland from Tasmania. A few months after relocating we received an
urgent call from my brother. He had just visited us from Sydney and had just
arrived home to the news that a man (Martyn Bryant) had mass murder people
at Port Arthur. I knew many people that had been injured or slain since I
was a representative for a company that had supplied to the couple who were
brutally murdered and thier house burnt down, I knew the store owner inside
Port Arthur, I knew the owner of the Tavern directly up the hill from Port
Arthur. This is where my worst fear lay. I knew that my sister and her
boyfriend visited this Tavern every Saturday after their game of beach
volley ball. The agonizing hours waiting to hear if they were ok was to much
to bear. They were some of the lucky ones, they were not involved in any of
the slaughter.
This catosrophy in America  is of such magnitude I know it will affect all.
Someone will know someone that was involved in this mindless act.
Peace be with everyone
Adam