[OM] Flight

Subject: [OM] Flight
From: "Gary Edwards" <garyetx@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 20:04:25 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: <Doggre@xxxxxxx>

> I was able to take my normal route to work, which takes me under the
runways
> at the S. end of SeaTac.  133 commercial airliners and commuter planes,
all
> parked.  All fuel and service trucks parked.  No sign of activity of any
> kind.  It was eerie, as if the movie "The Day the Earth Stood Still"
(nuclear
> war) had become reality.

Rich,

It seems a different world now, and of course it is, but 22 years ago I
worked at Boeing and often drove under that same runway to a place at
Sea-Tac to photograph approaching airliners with Mount Rainier floating in
the distance.  Beautiful country, beautiful skies, beautiful airplanes.
Those beautiful planes took happy people to wonderful places, reunited
families, saved lives, and made me proud to have a part in making them.

I stood outside my office several times today, looking to see airplanes in
the sky again, but I saw none. . .

Regards,
Gary Edwards