Re: [OM] [OT] Shoes - was: America: The good Neighbor

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Shoes - was: America: The good Neighbor
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 23:05:17 -0700 (PDT)
Susan Steele wrote:

The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight shoes.

When I was a schoolboy in England in the 1950's, I remember that many
shoe shops had X-ray machines that they used to check the fit of a pair
of shoes while your feet were inside them. If you tried on many pairs
of shoes, your feet would be X-rayed many times. I don't suppose the
shoe shop owners were aware, at that time, of the dangers to living
tissue of X-rays. I shudder to think of the damage that may have been
done to people's feet, my own included, before that type of equipment
was finally banned. Did other countries also have shoe shops using
X-rays in the 1950's?

Regards,

=====
Ray