[OM] [OT] New Forum?

Subject: [OM] [OT] New Forum?
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 03:55:35 -0700 (PDT)
Dear All,

I am amember of the LUG, which has been bombarded with posts about the
attacks on the USA (as, indeed, have many lists). Like the Oly list,
the LUG has some members who object to continuing OT threads while
other members are still enthusiastically posting their views.

The LUG owner, Brian Reid, has responded today by creating the LUG
forum, which is a discussion group for LUG members who enjoy one
another's company and wish to discuss OT matters without annoying other
LUG members. He has automaticvally subs*cribed all existing members but
they can easily unsubs*cribe if they don't want to be in it.

This seems like a good idea to me and I hope it works out. It occurs to
me that the Oly list as also a community where members like to discuss
many issues with one another and don't always want to be confined to
on-topic stuff. Maybe a similar forum could be useful for us too?
Whaddya think?

Regards,

=====
Ray