[OM] Re: [OT] shoes that glow

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] shoes that glow
From: "Sue Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 09:06:40 -0500
Did other countries also have shoe shops using
X-rays in the 1950's?

Regards,

=====
Ray

Yes, Ray, growing up in Kansas about the same time, we had the same. For
some reason, my mother wouldn't let them us the things on me. She certainly
didn't have any scientific knowledge, but I'm glad she did that.

Our attitudes toward x-rays certainly has changed. Like many advances, they
were once overused. While in secondary school, we had a neighbor that was
one of our city's earliest radiologists. In the late forties and early
fifties, acne was treated with x-rays. It was a very effective treatment. He
gave his oldest son regular treatments. The boy grew up with a normal
adult's body, but his skull never grew any larger than that of a ten year
old. It was a sight that stays with me 45 years later.

Bill Pearce