Re: [OM] A bunch of photos posted and lessons learned

Subject: Re: [OM] A bunch of photos posted and lessons learned
From: Michael Darling <cosmo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 11:28:48 -0400
on 9/14/01 7:30 AM, Gary Edwards at garyetx@xxxxxxxx wrote:
7>
>> Michael,
>>
>> I like the shot of the F-15 and F-86 a lot.  I was able to tease enough
>> detail out of that image using PS levels function to see the paint job of
>> the Sabre.  I'm sending the adjusted image to you off list.  You'll surely
>> be able to do better than I did with your original scan.
>>
>> Gary

Gary,

Thanks for the pic.  I know photoshop can take care of a lot and I'm going
to play around with it.  Things should clear up.

The scans I did yesterday were more of a 'proof sheet' operation.  600
pixels wide and at 150 DPI.  At least now I know which ones have water
spots/hairs/dust/etc.  I'll go back and scan some at max resolution later
this weekend maybe.

Unfortunately some of the better composed frames (for the flying subjects)
aren't the sharpest, but I do know what to change next time  --  400 ASA
film maybe?  Scrape up funds for a long prime lens?

Mike