[OM] Phototherapy

Subject: [OM] Phototherapy
From: Paul Wallich <pw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 01:03:21 -0400
Yesterday evening, right on schedule, my box from KEH arrived (herewith
a sad, ironic vote of thanks for UPS ground service). In it was their
bargain 4T -- some scuffing and paint scraped off the memo holder and a
matte front flange but otherwise fine. (Also a -10 focusing screen that
I had to swap out)

This afternoon, rather than sit glued to the computer reading about friends
in the city, I went for a walk in the woods with a 50/1.4, 24/2.8 and V90/2.5
to see what I could see. Darn but that's a sweet little camera. I haven't
felt something fit so nicely since my first OM-1 20-odd years ago. The meter
is a little wobbly in the last segment, but the rest of the system is so
darn smooth. The film advance is clean, and the shutter release feels just
about perfect.

In fact, compared to my -1n and 2s, the shutter mechanism felt so much
cleaner that I was tempted to handhold pretty much a full stop slower than
I usually do. We'll see how much shake there actually was, but I was wondering
whether other folks had experienced the same difference in feel.

Had a lot of fun using the 24 in extreme closeup; next time I may go out
with an extension tube. (Gotta give the camera a full workout before the
free return period expires, y'know). But golly...

paul   now back to hoping my neighbor's phone isn't answering because
       they're still evacuated...

--
Paul Wallich                                            pw@xxxxxxxxx