Re: [OM] [OT] Afganistan thinking

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Afganistan thinking
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 13:50:18 EDT
In a message dated 9/16/01 7:38:20 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>snip
> I hope that reason prevails and that careful application of force and
>  many other measures will be used. The US has almost all the world on
>  its side right now, mainly from sympathy, partly from fear. This
>  momentum should be used wisely.

And I think it will be, Tom.  Democrats, Republicans, and the Secretary of
Defense are all on the news this morning speaking of a war mainly of
intelligence, fought mainly in the shadows.  You can be sure it will be an
international effort.  Most folks won't hear much about what is happening.
And Dick Gephardt, Democrat, spoke about the fact that we have to change our
way of thinking, and be very smart about this.  It's a new world.

Not that we won't use blunt force, if necessary.  The USS Cole left drydock
yesterday.  She's back in the fleet.

Rich