Re: [OM] List name change

Subject: Re: [OM] List name change
From: Larry <Halpert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 19:05:07 -0400
There are still camera discussions, and questions going on. People on
this list have gotten to know eachother somewhat, and prefer to express
opinions, and discuss with those they want, as opposed to some generic
list. There are many on this list, obviously not living in the same
states (or country) as the tragedy, so as much as these events  may
bother them, they don't relate quite as much as others. (near or far).
Its easy enough to simply hit delete on any thread that says Afghanastan,
etc., and read and respond to only the OM posts. The devestation I feel &
people I know as I'm only about 15 miles from the WTC, might be more
intense than those in Austin,  Kalamazoo, Osh Kosh or Denver, etc. can
feel, so I, for one, can understand these posts lingering a little
longer. Like all else on this list, this, too, will take a back seat to
the Olympus system & photography soon. For right this second, the delete
button is the best solution for those who've had enough already of this
NY stuff.

Larry