Re: [OM] Xmas xchange

Subject: Re: [OM] Xmas xchange
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 23:19:00 -0300
On 9/17/01 2:57 PM, "gries" <gries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As a means of keeping our personal mailing addresses out of public view,
> I will e-mail the e-address of the person that will receive their photo.
> It will be the responsibility of each individual to respond w/ the
> address that they would like the present to be sent.  However, this
> method does not allow for the surprise of opening an anonymous gift.  I
> am also open to other suggestions if anyone has additional ideas.
> Thanks for all the interest, and I hope that this goes well!

I think I like the idea of the anonymous gift personally. What might be a
good way to do this would be to have everyone submit their information to an
organizer, who could then mail out the pertinent info to each person. That
could ensure the element of surprise.

Another thought could be to setup a website to manage all of this where
people could sign on and give their info. But that might raise some privacy
concerns as well.

--
Andrew "Frugal" Dacey
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx