Re: [OM] No peace here

Subject: Re: [OM] No peace here
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 00:09:16 +0000
At 03:11 9/18/01, Charlie Loeven wrote:
[snip]
I look forward to sharing my interest in photograph and the OM system
with you and all responsible list members.

Charlie "The Lion" Loeven

PS; Watch out you don't get a nickname.

Had a welcome respite from the non-stop news last Wednesday night. Went to the Logansport Art Association's 21st Annual Photography Competition. Logansport is an even smaller city about 35 miles from my small home town, however it is noted for some stiff competition regionally. There were about 120 entries.

This received a First Place (Other). Made using my Mamiya M645, 80mm f/2.8 Sekkor C and Kodak E100S:
  http://johnlind.tripod.com/mamiya/gallery/mamiya03.html
  [an improved remake of one shot with my ancient Contax IIIa two years ago]

This received a Second Place (Nature). Made using my OM-2S, 18mm f/3.5 Zuiko, 7mm auto-tube and Provia 100F:
  http://johnlind.tripod.com/oly/gallery/om82.html
  [my TOPE 6 photograph; you should see the one that took 1st!]

The secret for shooting the second one hand held and not suffering from camera shake is contained in the first one. :-)

The Delphi Photography Contest is currently being juried and submitted three entries. The IU Kokomo Gallery Regional Exhibition (open to all media) is also being juried and submitted two entries for it.

The latter one at IUK is extremely stiff. Only 25-300f the total submissions are placed on exhibit to the public and it has three awards: 1st, 2nd and 3rd, among all media. I'll be very happy if one of the two entries simply makes the public exhibit.

-- John