RE: [OM] Image copyright

Subject: RE: [OM] Image copyright
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 00:06:05 -0700
There is a branch of cryptography called "steganography" that deals in this
sort of thing. A Google search on the word steganography will turn up all
sorts of references for anyone with an interest.

My (definitely imperfect) understanding of it is that it's a means of
encoding "hidden" information in images for the purposes of cryptographic
transmission or digital watermarking, among other things.

---
Scott Gomez