Re: [OM] No peace here

Subject: Re: [OM] No peace here
From: Henrik Dahl <hdahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 12:23:45 +0200
This received a First Place (Other). Made using my Mamiya M645, 80mm f/2.8 Sekkor C and Kodak E100S:
  http://johnlind.tripod.com/mamiya/gallery/mamiya03.html
  [an improved remake of one shot with my ancient Contax IIIa two years ago]

This received a Second Place (Nature). Made using my OM-2S, 18mm f/3.5 Zuiko, 7mm auto-tube and Provia 100F:
  http://johnlind.tripod.com/oly/gallery/om82.html
  [my TOPE 6 photograph; you should see the one that took 1st!]

The secret for shooting the second one hand held and not suffering from camera shake is contained in the first one. :-)

-- John

Speak softly and carry a cup of coffee, eh? Nice pictures, John. The om82 is pure magic. How did you get light for that. From behind? It's not flash, is it? The mamiya03 is the proof there's a lot of "action" to find even in the dullest everyday chores- IF you got an open mind for it. I think that is one of my major problems with photography, and the reason I will aways stay on the "happy amateur" level: I need those visual kicks (like travelling to exotic places) to jump into taking pictures. Alas I've become blind to my everyday surroundings. I guess I have to refind that once curious child in me.

Cheers
Henrik Dahl