Re: [OM] [OT] Afghanistan thinking

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Afghanistan thinking
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 07:38:00 +0000
"Tom A. Trottier" wrote:

> Originally, the pyramids(tombs), then the cathedrals were the highest
> structures approaching the heavens.
>
> Now it is World Trade.
>
> The next towers, should they have anti-aircraft guns?
>
> Tom

This is an intersting point because it shows that building height
reflects societies values. First, the churches and other religious
buildings were the tallest, then palaces and other government buildings
were tallest, now commercial buildings are tallest. We've moved from
having religion as the most important aspect of our society, to royalty
and government, and finally to commerce.

--
"I have a dragon and I'm not afraid to use it!"

Dirk Wright