RE: [OM]Minolta XD-11

Subject: RE: [OM]Minolta XD-11
From: Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 06:40:57 -0500
I had an XD-11, it was what drove me to the OM system. It was quite useable
and reasonably small, but though it received only 'amateur' use, it had to
go for a CLA twice withing a few years because dirt would gum up it's works.
Thats when I went for the OM-4.

I also found it's shutter priority mode nearly useless - the aperture stop
down in that mode wasn't precise enough to really know what shutter speed
you would end up with.

I'm not sure that the  OM-PC will be  a reliability improvement  over the
XD-11, though. Maybe if it doesn't get degenerative circuit disease.

Chip Stratton